Writer. Healer. Grief Coach. Death Doula. Perfectionist-In-Untraining.Recovering Lawyer. Curse Word Connoisseur.
I'm a loss sur-thriver. A lover and a fighter. Beyonce fan and donut addict. I’ve attended a Native American healing circle and 2Chainz concert in the same day – needless to say, I keep shit REAL.
I’ve lost my family, my safety blanket and at times (cuz I’m being fucking honest) my will to live. But, oh what I have found.
From chronic pain and identity crisis to death, depression and heartbreak - I've been through some shit. The only way I survived was by doing the work: looking long and hard at my shit, digging deep and finding ME. Then, finding my peoples and sharing the depths of my essence (something like Diana Ross + Audrey Hepburn) with a supportive crew.
I live for authenticity. Real conversation, real emotion, real experiences, all day erry'day. As they say, life's too short for fake butter, fake cheese or fake friends. Given my equally strong affection for butter, I couldn't agree more (can I get an A-men!).
I created this space for us to come together and get REAL: with ourselves and each other. To scrap the "socially acceptable" and just accept who and where we're at in our grief. Real talk.
Grief and loss do not make us stronger, but how we choose to react to them certainly can. I’ve experienced the depths of loss and I’ve come out the other side. Bigger, bolder, brighter. I’m here to help you and your loved ones do the same.
More About Moi...
- Certified Level 1 Reiki healer (aka, I move energy with my hands...like a witch).
- Certified Death Doula, helping patients and families through the end of life process.
- Grief & Loss Training for Professionals Certificate, Living Through Loss Counselling Society.
- Juris Doctorate; Bachelor's degree in Psychology; and Diploma in Intercultural Education & Training.
- Extensive training in loss & grief from the "School of Life."
- Robbins-Madanes coaching training.
- Director, BC Bereavement Helpline.
- Graduate of the Landmark Forum and Level 1 of Igolu's Communication Series.
- Member of Vancouver Coastal Health's (VCH) Community Engagement Advisory Network and VCH's 'Medical Assistance in Dying' Policy Work Group.
- Member of the National Alliance for Grieving Children.
- Blue Ivy Carter is an uncanny doppleganger of me as a baby (my mom pointed it out).
- I'm a corporate & entertainment lawyer by trade and worked at a top-tier national firm before it went belly up...with 3 weeks notice.
- I'm obsessed with 90s R&B and late 80s Soft Rock (so good right?).
- This site, and this work, is in honour of my momma - Suzette Aileen Lewis - who died on October 27, 2015 at 65 years young. I owe my drive, compassion and love of champagne to her.